Re: Blues summer 2019 Cup tour

BluesSK wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 9:50 am
T.C. wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 6:25 am
That was so cute. I just had to show it to my wife last night.
You went that route. I filed a complaint with the MO DFS reporting three children under the age of 1 year having been left unattended with a heavy & potentially deadly object, with no restraint from falling several feet to a hard surface.

UMSLBlues12 wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 2:38 pm
T.C. wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 9:16 am :lol:
67170195_646025019197774_4885504125011230720_o.jpg
Lmao. What is she even trying to do there?
I think it was Kris Draper who set his baby in the Cup for a pic just in time for the baby to drop a shit in it. He said that afterwards he always got a kick whenever he saw someone eating out of it.

:::Just checked. It was Draper:::

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/376 ... tanley-cup

BillP. wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 8:02 am
UMSLBlues12 wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 7:30 am old man yells at cloud dot jpg

I'm sure they all clean the heck out of it before they do such things. No big deal really
I think Campbell is making a "respekt the cup!!!" argument rather than a sanitary argument. It's still a dreadfully bad take. Old man yells at cloud is right.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

Dave's a mess wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 8:51 am
BillP. wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 8:02 am
UMSLBlues12 wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 7:30 am old man yells at cloud dot jpg

I'm sure they all clean the heck out of it before they do such things. No big deal really
I think Campbell is making a "respekt the cup!!!" argument rather than a sanitary argument. It's still a dreadfully bad take. Old man yells at cloud is right.
He needs to take twenty-some games of body checks, trips, hooks, cross-checks, slashes etc. then he can bitch.

JMC-STL wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 7:40 am
UMSLBlues12 wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 6:15 amShowed that to my wife, apparently Binnington’s girlfriend is an actress, was on some Nickelodeon show that also had Drake in it?
No wonder Binny is always so calm ... 12up.com: Meet St. Louis Blues Star Jordan Binnington's Girlfriend Cristine Prosperi

Cristine Prosperi.JPG

IMDB Profile: Cristine Prosperi
How do you keep your mind on the game?

The dude is amazing.

campbell is missing the real problem, which is that now we know what players do with the Cup. that's the only difference. it's always been done, people are just taking pics of it and sharing with the universe now the dumb shit they do with it. stop doing that.

or don't. in fact, share more. i love it. they fucking earned the right to do whatever they want with it. maybe that's "nothing", and maybe that's quite literally everything. every single thing they do that day is the same, just "...with the Cup."

T.C. wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 12:20 pm

campbell is missing the real problem, which is that now we know what players do with the Cup. that's the only difference. it's always been done, people are just taking pics of it and sharing with the universe now the dumb shit they do with it. stop doing that.

or don't. in fact, share more. i love it. they fucking earned the right to do whatever they want with it. maybe that's "nothing", and maybe that's quite literally everything. every single thing they do that day is the same, just "...with the Cup."
This one may pass the Campbell Test. It is clearly a plate resting on top of the Stanley Cup. No food is actually touching the Cup. Of course he could come back with the argument that the Cup should not be used as a table either, so I guess it could go either way! :roll:

Don't know the dude, but has he bitched about this in previous years, or is it the fact that it's the Blues, having their turn, that has him all butt-hurt.

Turk Sanderson wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 12:39 pm

Don't know the dude, but has he bitched about this in previous years, or is it the fact that it's the Blues, having their turn, that has him all butt-hurt.
What about respecting tradition? Getting creative with the Cup is a long-running tradition, and it is well established that just about anything goes. The idea is that you've earned the right to do whatever you want with it (aside from destroying it, which would not be cool), and that is a beautiful thing. It is also a tribute to the strength and resilience of the trophy--the same strength and resilience that is required of the victors. It is the world's oldest trophy and it has lasted this long because it is nearly indestructible. It's not a flowery trinket that must be handled delicately. It is a reward for warriors and conquerors. See the wisdom of Chief in my footer below.

Turk Sanderson wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 11:39 am
UMSLBlues12 wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 11:33 am Old man yells at a cloud some more

He must be a Bruins fan, eh?
He's something all right.

The Cup is kept under watchful eye 24/7 by it's keepers. If anything is being done that would be forbidden happens it probably wont be allowed.

Nobody defiled it more than Kris Draper did that is known publicly. So the discussion should have started and ended right there.

I hate these holier than thou shitheads who ruin things for everybody else.

BluesSK wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 1:29 pm

The Cup is kept under watchful eye 24/7 by it's keepers. If anything is being done that would be forbidden happens it probably wont be allowed.

Nobody defiled it more than Kris Draper did that is known publicly. So the discussion should have started and ended right there.

Maybe he's just a cat person.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

BluesSK wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 1:29 pm

The fact that each player gets a day with the Cup is one of the reasons that it is the coolest trophy on the planet. Think of all the great players that have had their day.
Every time I see an article like this, the first thing that comes to my mind is that it is 100% click bait. He has probably had more clicks and comments on this article than anything he has ever written. Shit, we don't even know who he is and we are talking about it :lol:
KA-KAW!